ORP Probe Conditioning / Care
ORP Probe/Electrode Conditioning/Care
All ORP probes must be conditioned before use. Please read the manufacture instruction before start.
Unlike the pH probes, ORP probe has no glass bulb.
*** It is normal to see some yellow/white salt crystals inside the cap or on the electrode for brand new ORP meters, the salt is from dried storage solution, and it will disappear when rinsed with water.
- ORP Probe Conditioning for Positive ORP (+mV) Testing
ORP electrodes are shipped dry. Prior to using your electrode for the first time, follow the steps:
1. Remove the protective cap from the bottom of the electrode and rinse the electrode with distilled or deionized or bottle water.
It is normal to see some yellow/white salt crystals inside the cap or on the electrode, the salt is from dried storage solution, and they will disappear when rinsed with water.
2. Place the electrode in a beaker containing electrode storage solution (or pH 7, or pH 4 buffer), condition/soak it for 30 minutes.
3. After conditioning, rinse the electrode with water. The electrode is now ready for use.
ORP Testing for chlorine in Di-Chlor or Tri-Chlor pool water: Clean the ORP sensing surface weekly with dish washing liquid and a cotton swab, rinse with water, soak it for three minutes in a 20:1 diluted muriatic acid solution, then rinse with water.
ORP Testing for chlorine in Salt Water Pool: Use the GOLD ORP probe/electrode to minimize the hydrogen interference.
- ORP Probe Conditioning for Negative ORP (-mV) Testing
Click the link below.
email@example.com - We accept credit cards via PayPal, no PayPal account is required