Aqua Medic Niveaumat Aquarium Top-off System, AquaMedic 78015
(All items in the picture are included)
A common mistake in the aquarium hobby is to run the output from an R/O filter directly to a mechanical float switch on the aquarium filter to compensate for evaporation. An R/O filter produces its best water quality when run for an extended period of time. Therefore the ideal top-off system begins with a reservoir that is filled periodically by an extended run of the R/O filter. Water is then pumped, via a peristaltic dosing pump such as the Aqua Medic SP3000, from the R/O reservoir into the aquarium filter “on-demand” as water evaporates. Obviously this type of top-off system requires a reliable level sensing system within the aquarium filter and a switching controller to operate the top-off pump to maintain the water level. The Aqua Medic Niveaumat is an excellent integrated solution that combines the SP 3000 dosing pump with a directly connected low-voltage float switch. Everything you need in one economical package.
Tall Width Depth
Niveaumat 4.5" 3.25" 3.5"
Max Flow Power
l/hr ml/min gph
3 50 0.8 4.5 watts
Switch Drip Counter Pump Hose
Material Pump Hose
1 (included) 1 (included) Santoprene Silicone Grease
Motor Life Pump Hose
Life Pump Speed
10,000 hrs 3 million turns 20
Niveaumat Tips and Tricks
* R/O filters produce their highest quality water when run for extended periods. Use your R/O to fill and refill a dedicated reservoir from which the Niveaumat can pull, for on demand automated top-off to compensate for evaporation.
* Clean the included solenoid float switch regularly to ensure proper operation.
* For marine aquarium, placing a Kalkwasser Stirrer between the Niveaumat pump outlet and the drip counter, which is delivering the top-off water, creates an excellent source of calcium and alkalinity buffering hydroxide ions.
* Using the included one-way check valve (always on the suction side) ensures positive progress of the fluid through the top-off system while eliminating back-siphoning.
* Replace the peristaltic tube periodically, depending on severity of duty, to maintain performance.